"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Polka Dots...

Well,
I couldn't wait any longer....
Even with all of the little things I need to finish
on the projects for my church Bazaar,
I had to start a new quilt.

A while back I bought this kit from one of my LQS's.
I LOVE polka dots!
This was a great quilt for me to work on now
because I didn't have to put a lot of thought into it.
I pulled out the fabric and began cutting, sewing and trimming.




Blocks ready to be used.


I love the rich colors in these fabrics.

This design is so striking to me...
Polka dots with the angles.
I'll keep sewing the squares up as I get a few minutes
and eventually it will be a top!


I have some of my tree ornaments ready for binding.


I'm having trouble finding little star buttons or beads.
Any suggestions?


Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Those polka dot blocks are great. They are striking.

Darla H said...

I see why you couldn't wait any longer to get started with those polka dots Very cute design and just perfect with those fabrics! It will be fun seeing this one come together.

Nann said...

I love polka dots, too! Thanks for sharing your new design.

Sylvia said...

I love starting new projects! Sometimes they just can't wait! Finishing them is an entirely different story!

Vicki S. said...

Love the little trees. As far as buttons are concerned - have you tried scrapbooking supplies? I was looking for snowflake buttons and found some that way.

Libby in TN said...

I'm a sucker for polka dots! What a great way to showcase them.

Bonnie said...

Those little trees are cute. And the polka dots somehow look elegant. That will be a great project to work on between other things.