"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, August 8, 2026

One Block Wonder Finish

 Years ago I made a One Block Wonder Quilt
and really enjoyed the process.
When I saw the original fabric I used for this quilt,
I knew it would be great for another OBW quilt.
I cut the strips and then the triangles and got to work.
 
 
Wild Blossoms 48730-11 Ombre by Robin Pickens for Moda Fabrics
 
 
The original fabric is
Wild Flower Ombre by Robin Pickens. 
(Photo was taken from Shabby Fabrics.) 
 
 
 
 
 
I am really happy with the finished quilt,
but I don't think I'll be making another OBW quilt.
The process wasn't as enjoyable as it was the
first time I made one of this design.
 
 




 
 
I'm always fascinated by the different designs
made by the triangles. 
  

For the backing I used some plain white fabric I had on hand.
This quilt is so soft and drapey.
 
 

 
I chose a simple quilting design,
done by Jennifer at Peaceful Hill Quilting,
because I knew it wouldn't show much on the front. 
 
It's good to have a finish!
 
Happy Quilting! 
 
 

3 comments:

straythreads said...

Beautiful I had the same experience that the second quilt of the same pattern was boring to sew even though the fabrics were different and around the world quilt and bargello really boring to sew again. Beautiful but boring process. Hope you are having a great summer

Vicki in MN said...

I still don't want to try that, but I sure enjoy looking at them. You did awesome once again Ramona!

Libby in TN said...

Lovely! The 6-piece hexagon is tough to work with. I have a two-piece hex that's been cut for over a year. I quess it's time to get it together.