"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, November 19, 2018

Good Grief, Charlie Brown!

It has been way too long since I've worked on anything in my
Hidey Hole.
My sewing machine has cried itself into silence,
my tools have rusted
and my fabric has dry rotted.

Not really....
But it feels like it's been forever since I've created anything.

The good news is
my house is back to normal and CLEAN!

I no longer am tracking dust everywhere
and writing messages on my furniture.
The inside work is done and things are put to place.
Phew!!

Now that I should have more time to create,
I started work on a table runner for my daughter.
She LOVES Charlie Brown and the gang
and has since she was little.
When I was visiting her in California,
we visited a quilt shop in Winters
(really cute shop with very friendly employees).
She found this Charlie Brown Christmas fabric
and asked me to make her a table runner.
This is the daughter who banned me from making
any more quilted items for her!
You know I jumped all over this one.

I pulled the fabrics out and started making the blocks.


These Lemoyne star blocks were easy to put together.

 


I have no idea what happened with this photo,
but there is not a huge wedge missing from the lower left corner.
These prints are so cute!

 


This fabric will be used for the outer border.

Hopefully I'll have this runner finished before the weekend.
This daughter is here all week from California and I'd like to send it home with her.

It feels so good to be back in my Hidey Hole!!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Congrats on the cleanup. Can you do my house next? Our family has always been big CB fans and Christmas isn't complete until we've seen the Christmas show.

Rebecca Grace said...

What fun, Ramona! I love the Peanuts Christmas Special! :-) Have a wonderful visit with your daughter and a happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki in MN said...

I noticed you were MIA, happy for you that you will now have sewing time and have survived the remodel. Fantastic that your daughter asked you to make another quilty item!

Needled Mom said...

I figured you were probably frantically getting things back in place and cleaned for Thanksgiving. Sp glad that the house is finished.....for now!

I love those fabrics. That will be such a cute runner for her.

Happy Thanksgiving.