"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Where Did October Go?

Here we are at the end of October already!
Fall has arrived,
although the leaves in my area are turning
brown and falling off of the trees.
It's less than two months until Christmas
and then another new year begins.
YIKES!!

One day at a time, Ramona.
One day at a time.

My sewing machine has been quieter than usual these past couple of months.
We are having major work done on our house
and things are a huge mess.
I thought I would be hiding in my Hidey Hole more,
but my days are too disjointed.

One thing I have been working on is the challenge quilt
for the History of Quilting group I belong to.

This session's challenge is to make a medallion quilt.
Our leader gave us a pattern to use if we chose to, 
and I decided to use it.

The fabric choices took a bit longer
until I remembered that I've had some Christmas fabrics
in my stash for several years, just screaming to be used.

Out they came.



For the medallion I fussy cut birds from one piece of fabric
and began building from there.
It was suggested to add sashing in between the blocks,
but if I had done that, the birds would have been cut in half.
The medallion blocks are block 2.




Block 1



Block 3



Block 4






Block 5


 


Block 6

 


Block 7


Block 8
 (This block is my favorite one.)

I added the two grunge fabrics and the
light fabric with the lines to my stash fabrics. 








It's a busy quilt without the sashing,
but I like the designs and colors moving through the quilt.
I wanted the colors to show more than the individual blocks.
(I may turn one of the bottom middle blocks before sewing them together.)




Once the blocks are sewn together,
I'll decide on the borders.

 

It will be nice to have a new Christmas quilt to put out this year.
Hopefully it will be finished before then!

I am linking to Design Wall Monday.
 

Happy Quilting!



7 comments:

Julie said...

October has flown by! I love your new quilt blocks. It is busy, but I like the movement it gives and it does blend together. Great fabric choices and what a fun project.

Vicki in MN said...

This whole year went by so darn quick-it's scary!! You will really enjoy having your new Christmas quilt on display for the Holidays, are you quilting it or sending it out?

Judy D in WA said...

This whole year has flown by! What a fun project you are working on. I love all the blocks. I bet you'll have this one done soon. Home improvement projects mess with everything but they are so great when they are finished.

Glory said...

Wow, Ramona! As a fellow history club member, I am working on the same pattern. It will be fun to share our projects at The Big Reveal!

Judy Hansen said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt! I love the four birds around the flower in the middle. I don't think it's too busy at all. Lovely quilt!

Judy

Needled Mom said...

It is so hard to concentrate when everything is in such chaos around you, but you have done an amazing job on your quilt. Those colors are just fabulous and it all flows so beautiful.

straythreads said...

You really organized those blocks to draw attention to the center beautifully done