"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 6, 2018

Ocean Dance Finish

Another finish has come out of my
Hidey Hole this weekend.
My husband is out of town
and with few appointments and commitments,
there has been a lot of time for sewing.

Can I just say....
I LOVE THIS LITTLE QUILT!




This is the second quilt I've made using this pattern and
I see more in my future.
Thank you, Judy, for suggesting I make it from Blue Batiks!

 


This one is a baby quilt,
but I am so tempted to get my blue batiks back out and
make a big quilt in the same colorway.

 


This is from the pattern, Canyon Dance,
and is a fun curve quilt to make.
There are templates one can order to make the cutting
of the pieces really easy.
The piecing is easy, too!
The blocks are made and then trimmed to size.
Then, there are no seams to match when sewing
the blocks together except the intersecting seams for the blocks.

 

I am calling this one "Ocean Dance".
It's ready and waiting for the baby to arrive!

I'm linking to Design Wall Monday today.

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

It is fabulous! I want to order this pattern but I'm resisting as I work on my UFOs. Lucky lucky baby!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh!!! that is just an amazing quilt - those colors are perfect! At first glance I decided it was whales in the sea - and I really love it!

chrisknits said...

What an interesting pattern! It looks like fan blades.

Sara said...

Very pretty! My husband used to travel about 36 weeks per year for work, and I got LOTS of sewing done when he was gone - after the nest was empty. He doesn’t travel as much any more, but he has learned to leave me alone to have sewing time.

Churn Dash said...

Oh my, I am in love! Those blues are wonderful.

Enjoy your time in the hidey hole.

Helen

Julie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Ocean Dance! I have made 4 of these quilts and they have never been one colorway, but I am inspired! I will have to add making another one to my long list! Great finish and you always amaze me with your projects.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE this pattern. The blues are so pretty, but I still think the greens are my favorite.

swooze said...

Wonderful!

Vicki in MN said...

Another gorgeous quilt! Isn't it nice once in a while to have some really solid sewing time!

time4stitchn said...

I love your second quilt, too. I can just see the waves rolling into the beach. Oh, how I love water. Do you live anywhere near a beach?

kupton52 said...

You have been SO productive lately....you're putting the rest of us to shame...lol. I think your "hidey-hole" is a very blessed place indeed!