"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Lazy Daisy Finish

Babies Babies Everywhere!
I'm trying to keep up with the need for baby quilts,
but it's becoming a challenge.
 I recently found out my niece is expecting her second child
and we couldn't be happier. 
She will find out what she is having soon
and....



I hope she is having a girl.

Lazy Daisy is finished!!


I quilted this with straight lines along the triangles and then
meandered in the border.
 

This is the first time I have used Minky on the back.
It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated,
but I pinned the heck out of it when I basted it.
 

It did have a lot more drag when quilting though.
I just love the texture it gives to the back of the quilt.


When using Minky as the backing,
do you still add batting?
I use very thin batting,
but this little quilt is rather heavy....
 

..... and oh so cuddly!


Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Judy in Missouri said...

So pretty! I have never used Minky, so will be interested in following the other comments on your post.

Needled Mom said...

That is so sweet and I am sure it feels heavenly with the plush backing. I have done it both ways - with and without batting. I prefer the batting in when I use it. Without batting, it makes a light blanket, but I am not crazy about the way the quilt drapes. It seems less durable to me. The quilts that I have made for the grandchildren with the batting have held up for years.

Julie said...

I love this! Great fabrics. I have only used Minkee once and did not use batting and wasn't real happy with it. I think I would use a thin poly when I make one again.