"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Double Cross

 One of the most fun things I do, quilting-wise,
is to belong to the Gridster Bee... an on line quilting bee
made up of 12 quilters all around the country.

May was my month to be "Queen Bee" and I asked my
bee mates to make these Double Cross Blocks,
using black and neutrals with little pops of color.


 
 
I just love the blocks everyone sent and added more to make this
52x63" quilt.
The pattern is free and can be found

 
 
The original quilt was made with bright fabrics
for all of the crosses, but I wanted a black and white
quilt with little pops of color.
 

 
 
did a beautiful job quilting it with yellow thread.
I chose the swirling, circular design to soften the crosses a bit.
 
 

 
 
Each member of the bee sends a signature block along
with their block.
One of the bee mates sent an orange block,
made by mistake, so I included that along with an extra block I had made.
The pieced backing looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself.  :)
 
 
It sure is fun being Queen Bee!
Until next year!
Happy Quilting!



5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is a very nice quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

Love the effect of the cross blocks in two different sizes! Beautiful!

Vicki in MN said...

You and your Bee mates did a fantastic job, the blocks all go together so well.

straythreads said...

Very cool quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love the quilt and that superb quilting takes it to an even higher level. Well done, your majesty!