"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Post Surgery

 It has been quite a while since I posted anything here!
Things are happening in my Hidey Hole,
but I can't show them yet.

In addition, I had a carpal tunnel release a week and a half ago,
so that has slowed down the sewing.
I had the forethought to cut a quilt to have ready to sew
after the surgery and I finished that in record time!
I can sew, but it really bothers my hand to cut things.

What am I going to do??
When I moved 2 1/2 years ago, I put some things into the plastic cases
they sell for scrap booking papers and such.
I pulled one of those out and found all of these 1 1/2" strips
I had cut when I made my sister and brother in law a
GINORMOUS log cabin quilt a few years ago.
The fabrics are all reproduction fabrics.... NOT my favorites at all.
I had also sewn a bunch of bits and pieces together into blocks
with no plan in mind.

Out came this box.
 

 
Maybe I could do something that wouldn't require a lot of cutting.
String quilts are not my thing, either,
but I could make some string blocks with all of these strips.
Someone would like it!
(I hope!!)
 
 
 
 
The green strips were pulled out to use for the centers of the blocks.
 
 

 
A bunch can be sewn and then trimmed once it's comfortable for me
to use the rotary cutter again.
 
 
I pulled out the blocks I had made and put them up on my design wall.
It looks like someone threw up reproduction fabrics all over the place.
Now what to do with these??
 



Suggestions??
 
Happy Quilting!


 


7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I actually like the layout of blocks just as it is. It is the type of quilt everyone would want to cuddle up in, no rigid pattern, just comforting. It would be great with a flannel back.

Elle said...

Stitch 'em up! It's perfect just as it is!

Sara said...

That quilt looks great, and you know someone will love it even if you don't. I just finished a quilt project in colors I don't like and found it to be a struggle to finish it.

Libby in TN said...

I agree with Wanda and the others. But it looks like you started with diagonal blocks ???

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great as is I think!If you don't like it someone else will I bet

Vicki in MN said...

I like it!! I hope your surgery heals up quickly and you can get back to cutting soon.

Vicki W said...

Seriously, I love the blocks on the wall just as you have organized them. That could be an awesome veterans quilt.