"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, November 17, 2022

I'm Here!

 Okay... where did the month of October go?
And while we are at it, where has the first part of
November gone?
 
I've been gone here and there during the last month,
but a little has been done in my Hidey Hole.
 
 
My son-in-law asked for new pillows for their couch.
I made them 24" pillows a few years ago
and they have changed their color scheme,
so he would like new pillows.
 These will be a Christmas gift for him. 

I was trying to decide on a pattern to use
on fabric weaving.

How fun will this be??

The most frustrating part was trying to get the
bias tape makers to work.
I finally gave up and made the bias ribbon pieces by hand
and then began to weave.


 
 
It took a few tries to get the fabric placement to my liking
and once I did that, the weaving went fairly quickly.
 
 

 
 
This Wefty tool is a life saver with the weaving.
 
 

 
 
A LOT of pins are used to hold everything in place.
It got to be a bit cumbersome, since I am making
a 24" pillow,
but the weaving was done.
 

 
 
These colors are pretty true.
Now I need to get this quilted and made into a pillow.
I think  I will quilt it with a spiral.
 
Hopefully this will be done soon!
 
Happy Quilting!


7 comments:

Annie said...

This pillow cover looks awesome! I’m going to look at the link you included to learn more about this process. I love the fabrics and colors!

Libby in TN said...

Ooh, I like! I hope he appreciates the work that went into this.

kupton52 said...

These are just beautiful, Ramona...you NEVER cease to amaze me. Somehow I've stopped getting notifications of your blogposts so I've thought maybe you had stopped posting. I found today's post by accident! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and a wonderful Christmas season! Hugs and prayers from West Virginia!

Vicki W said...

That is going to be so cool!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks great - I haven't done weaving I'm wondering how you finish it off - quilt down all the strips?

Vicki in MN said...

Amazing!! How wide are you bias strips?

straythreads said...

Looks wonderful and it looks like we are thinking in the same colors…..my stash of navy is ……..big.
Beautiful stay warm