"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, July 20, 2015

More of the Same....

For someone who bounces from project to project,
making four of the same quilts is a
Challenge for me!

I have made multiples of things before,
but they have been little things...
like table runners or table toppers.

Last night I finished quilting the third
Family Crest Quilt.

Only one more to go!!
Woohoo!!
I'm hoping to have the last one quilted by tomorrow night.


Once the fourth one is machine appliqued,
I'll trim and bind them.

Hopefully my nephews will enjoy having these
as much as I have enjoyed making them.



While I am spending hours quilting these,
I am dreaming of the next projects on my list.
(Of course my list changes daily... or hourly!)


I have been collecting low volume text fabrics
and will use these, along with some Kaffe Fassett fabrics,
for a project I have in mind. 


 I am itching to cut into these!




My youngest daughter has her undergraduate degree in Chemistry,
her graduate degree in Forensic Chemistry
and works as a Forensic Toxicologist.
When I saw these fabrics, how could I NOT buy them?

I have been banned from making her any more quilts for the
time being, 
but I see a bag in her future. 

:)




Last week I posted this pattern and said I want to make it with
reds and blues.



After looking at my stash, I have very few blue fabrics!
These found their way home on Saturday.
I must get quilting if I am going to finish the last Family Crest quilt by tomorrow.
Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating today.
Happy Monday!
Stay cool!!


7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Oh, Ramona, I don't know how you do it. Sometimes I get bored just doing the same block over and over. But 4 whole quilts! Even the few quilts I've made multiples of had quite a few other things in between. If your nephews don't appreciate them, just trade them in on new models -- the nephews, not the quilts!

Churn Dash said...

The quilts are wonderful, I agree that the nephews will have to be traded in if they don't like them.

The periodic table fabric is wonderful, one of my sisters has a degree in chemistry but after graduation went into accounting. I'm not sure she would even remember what the periodic table is!

Hopefully you are close to having enough blues, that collection makes my heart beat faster!

Helen

Needled Mom said...

You are going to make it!!! Yeah. I know they will love them.

Those low volumes are going to be so much fun - especially with the Kaffe fabrics. Like you, my blues are my shortest stash fabrics.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your nephews will surely love your family crest quilts. Your low volume prints are fabulous - I'm coveting your entire collection!

Julie said...

What an awesome undertaking on the family crest quilts. I have been watching your progress. Your low volume prints are fantastic! What an assortment and they will look awesome with Kaffe fabrics. Great pattern too. I have one daughter who never turns down one of my quilts and begged me for wallhangings for her new house. She has a degree in Math Education. My other daughter is a certified prosthetist/orthotist and I don't think that is something I will ever find fabric for, but she loves the Fire Island Hosta quilt I have in the works.

Lara B. said...

Way to go on the Family Crest Quilts Ramona! I'm not one who likes to do the same things in quantity either.
It must be very hard to hold yourself back from making Jillian any more quilts. Bags, potholders, muffin warmers, potato bags and ... ? LOL
Can't wait to see what you do with the low volume stash and that gorgeous pattern with your blue fabrics!

Rhonda said...

Oh wow, love your family crest quilts. You'll be dancing a jig when you've finished the quilting!! The collection of fabrics were great to see. I have a few of those & was wondering what to do. You've given me ideas.