"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 10, 2026

Psychodelic Nine Patch

 I love color and this quilt just explodes with it.
This quilt began with making a bunch of solid nine patches.
I didn't know what I was going to do with them,
but just kept sewing.
Once they were done, I took a trip to my local quilt shop
and found the wild alternate fabric.
 
 
 
The swirly fabric had every color of the solid nine patches in it,
making it a perfectly wild finish.
 

 
 
Doesn't this just make you smile?
(I can hear my late mother saying
"That's beautiful, but please don't make me one of those.")
 
 

 
This quilting design added more fun to this quilt.
(I'm so bad at remembering names of the quilting designs.)
Jennifer at Peaceful Hill quilting did the beautiful quilting. 


 And how perfect is this backing?
If you don't like color,
this quilt isn't for you. :)
 
Happy Quilting! 

2 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Some of the fun of quilting is that we all have different tastes, how boring if we all made the same! I giggled at your comment on what your mom would say!

Chantal said...

Oh my! I've just found my favourite (latest favourite) quilt. That BACKING! Oh I want two bolds of that please, lol. You did an awesome job! Laughed at your mom's comment. She's cool! ;^)