A few weeks ago I showed a photo of a fabric pull I had done
to begin a new quilt.
Those who have been reading my blog for while know
how much I LOVE Kaffe and Polka Dots!
This is a bit of the Kaffe I started with for this new quilt.
Now, first, I need to show a photo of the pattern I'm using.
No offense to the pattern designer,
but if I had seen the photo of the pattern first,
I wouldn't have given it the time of day.
This is not me.
Dark and kind of drab.
What caught the eye of my friend and I
was a quilt made from this pattern in Kaffe and polka dots.
We knew we had to make that version!
The fun began....
I have a TON of Kaffe and loved pulling it out
to made the blocks for this quilt.
The quilt we saw used just 8 Kaffe prints,
but we went scrappy.
Between the two of us,
we had enough prints to use only a couple twice.
Making the blocks required the use of the
Spider Web ruler by Creative Grids.
The Kaffe pieces were cut into triangles
and the polka dots were cut into kite shaped pieces,
both using the ruler.
Here is one block of the quilt.
I did put all of the pieces on my design wall
to distribute the colors and not have
like colors together before seweing
the blocks together.
Now that the blocks are sewn together,
borders will be added.
These blocks are really brightening my Hidey Hole
on these gloomy days!