"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Decisions, descions...

All of the units for the mystery quilt
"On Ringo Lake"
are sewn and trimmed.
I've seen several different layouts that people
have used and really like some of them.


These colors are just beautiful together
and I love how the blocks finished.




I am trying to decide if I want to follow the original plan
 from Bonnie Hunter or change things up a bit.


This is the original layout minus the brown cornerstones.
While I like this layout,
it's super busy.
One really needs to pay attention to the direction of the
sashing pieces, too.
I was getting them backwards, just laying out a few here.
 


As I was making the blocks,
I put them on my design wall without the sashing
and really like this look.
I was trying to think of what to do with the sashing pieces
and then I saw others using them as the outer border.

This layout is so much calmer to me.
There is a lot of color and are a lot of pieces,
but my eyes aren't flying all over the place.

I think I've made my decision!

Maybe this will be a finished top soon!


Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I like it. I considered that one, as well. I'm also thinking to use Bonnie's sashing as a border, IF I ever get the units made.

Sara said...

It's looking great. My clue 1 blocks are all done and I've started on clue 2. I've only sewn 10 coral geese, but have more cut and ready to sew. A little at a time.

Vicki in MN said...

Yep I think in telling us about it you made up your mind. I also like the top pic you have and use a lighter color tone on tone for the sashings. You might have to do another quilt, hehe-hey just trying to help you keep busy!

Rebecca Grace said...

Both ways are lovely, but eliminating the sashing does give a calmer and more modern look to the quilt. I think it's a good call.

Julie said...

I really do like the quilt without the sashing. It will make a great border! Nice choice!

time4stitchn said...

I love your On Ringo Lake. I really like the 2 different settings that you have bphotographed. And they both look great and would make a great quilt.

straythreads said...

WOW those blocks are gorgeous!! and yes how do you sew them together??
have a great week
stay warm