"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dribs and Drabs

Wow!
I don't know where this last week has gone,
but it's Thanksgiving week!
And almost the end of November!
And almost the end of 2017!!
Yikes!

I've been putzing around in my Hidey Hole,
but haven't had a lot to show for it.
(Does anyone else say "putzing around"? 
My grandmother said it and my mom does, too.
I learned "dribs and drabs" from another blogger
a while ago. Phrases like these make me smile.)

Anyway,
my Hidey Hole LOOKS like there is a lot going on in it
because of the piles,
but that's just what they are...
piles.

One of the things I've been playing with is the box of
half square triangles I cut from all of my
reproduction fabrics.
It's totally mindless sewing...
pair up two HSTs,
sew,
trim,
press
and sew into nine patches.
 


I'm normally not much for scrappy quilts,
but I like this one.
The nine patch blocks were placed on the wall
as they came off of the pile.
Once all of the blocks are made,
I'll even out the colors that pop.



 Looking at something like this
makes me think about all the fabrics
we as quilters have at our finger tips.
These are just a drop in the bucket compared to
what is available.
 


This stack is ready for stitching.


While looking for a piece of Christmas fabric the other day,
I found a pile of HST's I'd cut from corners
making a tree skirt.

 

They are now little candle mats
or mug rugs.



Nothing fancy,
but they will add a little color to the table.






This my absolute favorite Christmas candle...
Fresh Balsam from Bath and Body.




Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice little mug rugs!

Churn Dash said...

The half square triangles are a delicious array of colours. So warm and welcoming.

I love the mug rugs. I might need a few like that here! One would have to be a churn dash, of course.

Helen

straythreads said...

Im a putzer too I remember my mother saying it. She als said puttering around. Puttering and muttering that fits someone else in this house. I had a room mate that said futzing around. Love your scrappy quilt and all your mug rugs. You could hang those on a Christmas tree.
Your sewing room sounds like mine. I think we could trade places for a day and no one could tell the difference in our work.
Have a great Thanksgiving
Ann

Needled Mom said...

I like all of the HSTs. The little candle mats are so sweet too. They would make such nice gifts.

I always say "putzing around". Some days it seems like that is all that I get done.

vincenzo126 said...

I've been putzing around in my sewing area today, too..but I didn't create anything as lovely as your 9patches! Happy Thanksgiving! -Jean

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I too putz around:) And I can't wait for more time to putz!! I really love your reproduction blocks. We really do have load and loads of fabric to choose from, seems there is always something new out there, no wonder we all have so much stash!!

time4stitchn said...

It is amazing what we can create with what we already have. I love the quilt...scrappy, yet stunning. And the mug rugs will make nice gifts or perfect for coffee.