"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Another New Baby...

My extended family continues to grow.
And you know what that means....
more baby quilts are being made!

My nephew and his wife had their second son almost two weeks ago.
This nephew is a HUGE hockey fan
and the Pittsburgh Penguins is his favorite team.
In fact, they named this son after his favorite player...
Kessel.

When I was deciding on what quilt to make for the
newest member of our family,
I came up with a brilliant idea....



A Penguin in Pittsburgh's colors!!

This pattern is perfect for the Penguins fan in the family.
I found the pattern here, ordered it and pulled out the fabric to make it.

 

 It was a bit tedious to make
because of all the different parts and pieces,
 but it went together easily.




Next is to get it basted and quilted.
Hopefully I will be able to deliver it soon.

A niece is in labor as I type this,
but her little one's quilt is already made.
:)

 

Happy Quilting!


9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

That penguin is just too cute, in spite of the Pittsburgh colors. I wonder what he would look like in Predators navy and gold ...

Sara said...

Just perfect for the new hockey fan. So cute and I love the colors.

Vicki in MN said...

You certainly did find the perfect quilt. Ramona that is just adorable and surely will be loved!

straythreads said...

Darling quilt! I too need to make a special baby quilt they named her Dolly so to s
Use that fat quarter with the paper dolls.so much more fun than basic baby quilt of pink or blue, l get my machine back today yippee
Ann

Suze said...

The quilt is just too cute. Glad you have the niece's quilt finished. Your family is growing. How fun. My mom and dad were each only children, so our family is small. One brother left home when I was nine and all ties were severed. I just broke ties with my other brother because he was terribly abusive to him and it was best for me. So, it's just me and my two children since their dad walked out on us when they were seniors in high school. I have made some new friends who are like sisters, so that's wonderful.

Julie said...

That quilt is adorable! I love it! What a cute idea.

Debbie said...

Wow...you hit that out of the park. Excellent quilt!!! I love the Pittsburgh Penguins too so that might affect my tastes.

time4stitchn said...

This is just adorable! I love your personalizing it just according to their tastes. What a great aunt!

Sandy Panagos said...

Ohhh, I rally like that! How special that you customized it for them.