"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, August 18, 2017

A Little Sewing Time

It's Friday already!
Another week has zipped past us,
but I did get a little play time in my Hidey Hole.



When I started making these blocks,
I was thinking it would be a baby quilt.
I am loving these fabrics and design together,
so I might just keep making blocks and see where it goes.



It's amazing how the blocks come together.
They look like such a mess when first sewn
and then a few trim cuts here and there
with the Quick Curve ruler
and then a square ruler, and...
 

Voila!
Ten inch square blocks!

I'll be sewing more turquoise strip sets together!

Happy Quilting!


12 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those blocks have such a wonderful three-dimensional quality with your fabric choices. Applause, applause!!

Vicki in MN said...

You gotta stop this, makes me want to make one too!! I am in love with yours:)

time4stitchn said...

Really great! I love the combination of colors and I like the rounded patches.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

coming along nicely - looks like a modern version of the double wedding ring quilt in a way

straythreads said...

Looks wonderful those patterns are so well written and everything fits together perfect,

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous. I just love those colors.

Sara said...

When you first started showing these blocks I had no idea that they would look so amazing together. Wow! Love that grey and aqua combo.

Julie said...

Fabulous! Turquoise is my second favorite color behind purple! I love these blocks!

Preeti said...

You just took my breath away...
I am so looking forward to the finished quilt!!!

Kat said...

Love where this is heading! Great colors.

Sandy Panagos said...

I really like where this is going. Using the grey prints really sets off the turquoise.

straythreads said...

Love how this is coming together the greys and the blues aqua make me think of glacier ice. Beautiful
Ann