"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, April 24, 2017

Starburst Finish

A few months ago I watched the Youtube video
from Missouri Star for this
Starburst quilt and have wanted to make it since.
I love Half Square Triangles and love to play with them...
forming them into different patterns and designs.

This one was done for me,
so I just had to cut, sew and quilt.



It is a dreary, rain soaked
day today,
so the house is dark.
The colors on this quilt pop more than they do in the photo.



I practiced my feathers in the white areas of this quilt.
 

Some look good and some...
not so much.
Practice makes perfect,
or at least makes prettier feathers!




These colors are so summery to me.
This would be a fun beach quilt.

 

I'll mark this one off of my goal list 
and move on to the next thing.

Linking up to Patchwork Times today.

Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

Charlene S said...

Very pretty outcome.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it turned out really well!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love it and you are so right...very springy colours.

Teresa said...

very nice I too love the magic of half square triangles,

Needled Mom said...

That looks great. I love the colors and your quilting in it is beautiful.

Judy D in WA said...

Oh Ramona! This is so bright and happy, perfect for summer. Your feathers look fabulous. :)

Sara said...

Very pretty! I think the feathers quilted in the white areas look great. Good job!

kupton52 said...

Very pretty! Aren't feathers fun? And drawing them our really helps develop muscle memory. I've got way too many sketch books with nothing but spines and feathers...but it's helped me so much to free hand beautifully. I was sure...downright positive I commented on the "wedding quilt"....even about the backing as well as the design reminding me of a lace wedding dress I'd seen before. Is it possible old age has caught up with me and I forgot to hit "publish"??? lol Probably....but it was lovely as well. You did a spectacular job.

Rhonda said...

Love this HS quilt & your feathered quilting is perfect in those white areas!!

straythreads said...

Your quilt does sing summer and your quilting looks really god from here.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

It is a wonderful quilt, so colorful! Your feathers are looking good too!

Vicki in MN said...

Oh I love those colors and the design, it screams summer! And you are so right practicing leads to fantastic feathers and it just gets easier and easier to quilt them.

time4stitchn said...

Ramona,
I love your quilt! It inspires me to try it with a charm pack I have as well.
And I am so impressed with your feathers. I have a book to teach it, and have seen several demonstrations.

What is your finished size? I am curious. Did you use a charm pack or just scraps?
But I love the summery bright colors as well.

Lena Pugacheva said...

Love your happy colours, they suit the name of the pattern so well. Your feathers look very nice, great job!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt! Half Square Triangles are a favorite of mine also! Great colors for a dreary rainy day like we are having!

Julie said...

I can't believe I missed this! What a fabulous finished and you are on such a roll. I'm very impressed.