"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Hidden Treasures...

Or maybe I should say
"Forgotten Treasures."

This morning I was looking in a cabinet for
some applique blocks I had made quite a while ago.
While I was pulling things out of the cabinet,
I found a stack of blocks that were totally forgotten...



Another Disappearing Four Patch!
Who knew these were hiding deep in my cabinet??



These were left over from a larger quilt I made
several years ago!

They will soon be sewn and made into a little quilt
and out of my cabinet.
A forgotten pile will be gone.


And then I found this....

 
Why I never finished this is beyond me!
It could easily be made into a pillow or a little table topper.
It is out and on the wall and will NOT be put back into my cabinet.
Another forgotten project will be finished.


 

I did find the blocks I was looking for when I found these forgotten treasures.




Why these have lingered for so long is beyond me as well.

 


Two more blocks will be made and then they will be sewn into a
small quilt.

 
 
 
I think I'm done looking in cabinets for the day.
:)

Happy Quilting!
 


8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is one great cabinet!!! I'd love to find such beauties in my closet. Those jewel D4P blocks are gorgeous and those applique blocks are stunning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

amazing the blocks we find that are left over at times. I have a project box with quite a few and haven't a clue what I will use them for at the moment - eventually table runners perhaps? I don't care for a large quilt made from such a variety

Sara said...

Very definitely treasures. I've always loved the look of the disappearing 4-patch but haven't made one yet. I've done disappearing 9-patch and pinwheels. Love that rainbow Circle of Geese. I made a Circle of Geese table topper a couple of years ago, and it's on my kitchen counter right now.

straythreads said...

Wow what great projects you going. Your appliqué blocks are gorgeous and so bright and cheerful. I would just hang the color wheel in my sewing room as is .
Have a great week

kupton52 said...

Wow...wish I had a magic cabinet like that! You'll have lots of things to practice longarming on! That last set of applique blocks are absolutely gorgeous! I have never been fond of polka dots, but the red and white is THE perfect background for the blocks. The circle of geese is just too cute! You never cease to amaze me.

Vicki in MN said...

It can be fun to dig in those cabinets-never know what we might find, LOL Indeed you need to finish up those beautiful applique blocks.

Libby in TN said...

All those little treasures deserve to be finished. Time to get crackin'!

Rebecca Grace said...

I absolutely adore how you fussy cut the print on those applique rose buds. Fabulous!