"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mindless Sewing

After finishing this wedding quilt
(which is going to the quilters today!)
and a couple of other little things,
I needed some mindless sewing yesterday.

Out came a layer cake and my white yardage
and the cutting and sewing began.




I've wanted to make this Starburst Quilt
for some time and decided yesterday was the day.
Half Square Triangles are one of my favorite things to make,
so this pattern was fun!

 

I usually have a few quilts on hand to give to people when the 
mood strikes or the circumstances call for one
and I am down to just one.
This one will go into that pile once it is finished.
 

A border will be added to make it a bit larger.
(Ugh!! I just saw a mistake that will need to be fixed....
the yellow HST in the second row in the upper left quadrant
needs to be turned. Photos show everything!)

These fabrics are so bright and happy!

Have a wonderfully quilty day!

4 comments:

swooze said...

I'm glad you saw that. I thought I noticed something but wasn't sure. Looks great!

Vicki in MN said...

This is so fun and bright, I really like it! Sorry about the mistake-I didn't even see it till you mentioned it, but better now than after it is quilted:(

kupton52 said...

At least the offending hst is near the edge....not too much unsewing to do....you've got a good eye....I didn't see it at all until you mentioned it. It's very pretty...one of those color combos that just says "happy"! Hope all is well...it's soooooo cold here! I was really spoiled after those 70 degree days in February...wind chills the last few days have been down to zero! That's a shock for my old bones!

Needled Mom said...

Those are such happy colors. Good to spot the error before you finish it.