"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 29, 2016

Borders Added

First, I need to apologize for the not so great photos of these quilts.
I was in a hurry and needed to get the photos taken before
leaving for an appointment.

The borders have been added to the scrappy baby quilts
after many fabrics were auditioned.
Sometimes the scrappy quilts are the most difficult to find border fabrics,
in my opinion.


The same fabrics were used,
but the blue border is 1" wider on this quilt.

The borders really pull out the yellows and blues of the quilts,
which makes them more unisex.

This quilt has a narrower blue border
and I think I like it better.
It's difficult to see the difference in these photos,
but the extra inch really makes the quilt seem huge.
I'll be trimming the first border down before I quilt it.

Add these to the "to be quilted pile"!


Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are creating.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

canuckquilter said...

I agree - choosing borders for scrappy quilts can be tricky. Yours look great!

Libby in TN said...

Your choice is perfect for these quilts. Better to need trimming than adding!

Sara said...

They look great. This would be something to do with the box of 2.5" squares I've cut from scraps. I have a partially sewn project going with my squares right now, but will still have a LOT of them left.

Teresa in Music City said...

How darling! Love the yellow and blue for the borders. And I agree wholeheartedly - choosing borders for scrappy quilts is the hardest!

Needled Mom said...

I think the scrappy quilt borders are the hardest to select too. Those look really nice with the quilt - one of my all time favorite quilt patterns!!!

Churn Dash said...

I love the quilts. The blocks are simple but complex to look at, the best of quilting.

Helen

Vicki in MN said...

Yes I too have noticed that scrappy ones can be hard to find the right border color. It's fun to see how different ones can change the quilt so much. I think you picked the right one this time though!

Gari in AL said...

I, too, have used 16 patch blocks for kids quilts as they are the best to fit almost any child. And great for getting rid of leftover 2 1/2" strip pieces. Love your quilts.