"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Finished Top?

The blocks of the Red and Pink 16 Patch quilt
are all sewn together.
The simplicity of this quilt really speaks to me.


The decision now is whether or not to add borders.
Honestly, I just see it quilted with a deep red binding on it.
What do you think?
 

 The fabrics in this one can speak for themselves.
 

I am so glad I decided to make this quilt and not use the fabrics
for what I originally had in mind.
This quilt went together MUCH more quickly than my original plan.
 

It seems appropriate to finish this top on
Valentine's Day weekend!

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Since it's Valentines I can say ...I love love it! No borders and red binding would be the perfect finish.

Sandra said...

It is the perfect Valentine's Day Quilt. I like it just the way it is. Happy Valentine's Day.

Needled Mom said...

I agree.....no borders.

swooze said...

Love this quilt. What size are your squares?

Anonymous said...

I love this! I've made several 16 patch quilts and after seeing yours, I may make one more! Love the ColorSync I have a stack of French General FQs that would be perfect!

Vicki in MN said...

Definitely think the red binding would be perfect. It's amazing how a simple block can look so fantastic!! Happy Valentine's Day.

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on the finish.

Deb said...

I'm with you, no borders and red binding. Simple is just best sometimes!

Nann said...

I agree! No borders, red binding. Great design.

Teresa said...

love love it, just the way it is, sometimes the changes we make are for the best.

Kat Scribner said...

yes, I agree, just binding!

Unknown said...

Yes I too concur.............Just a red binding finishes it perfectly. See you soon!

straythreads said...

Love it it looks so traditional