"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snowy Finish

We are in the middle of a big snowstorm here in Virginia,
along with the rest of the East Coast,
so I am home... sewing!

And I have my first quilty finish for 2016!


I have been working on the quilting for several days.
These pictures were taken with the quilt on my ironing board.
 


These blocks were made with the
Friendship Star design
and a wool applique block in the center.
 

The wool applique patterns are from
Primitive Gatherings.


Twelve blocks were made in all and I decided to
divide them into three quilts....
One for me... two for friends.

January has been an odd month,
but I finally have a finish!

Happy  Quilting
and
Stay warm!!

5 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Great job Ramona!!! Stay safe and warm :*) We got lots of snow as well - rare for Nashville - loving it!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt!! Not sure if I like the Friendship Star Circle or the appliques best. Looks like something I might like to try.

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful. What a great first finish for the year!

Vicki in MN said...

Really cute quilt, congrats on the finish! A good way for someone to try wool applique on a smaller scale and not be overwhelmed too. I am beginning to realize you like hand work quite a bit.

Lara B. said...

Beautiful Ramona! I bet your friends were very exciting that you extended the block party too. Stay safe and warm!