"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, January 25, 2016

More "Snowed In" work...

We are still snowed in at my house,
but the man who plows our driveway is on his way here.
In addition to being snowed in,
our internet was out yesterday!
Thankfully it's working again.

Thankfully I have LOTS to keep me busy!

A while ago, my brother and sister-in-law,
who own several Plato's Closet stores,
gave me two boxes of colored jeans that did not sell.
They asked if I could do something with them.
Of course!! I'm a quilter!

I sat and cut the zippers and waistbands out of the pants
the night before last.
Yesterday morning,
I pulled out my Accuquilt Go! cutter,
three dies and went to town.


The pile of trimmed pants ready to cut.
 

Large circles were cut from each pair.
The parts that were left were cut into bars and HST's.
 

I have a plan for the circle and am pondering what to do with the 
other two shapes.
These will not be "pretty" quilts, but utility quilts.
They will be great to keep in the car for picnics, ball games and the like.


 On a prettier note,
I decided to pull out another Bucilla kit and get going on the February finish.


These little cuties are ornaments.
There are three sets of different ornaments in this kit.
 
 
It's kind of appropriate to be working on these while I am 
snowed in, right?
I tell you... these are addictive!

Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Looking forward to seeing your jeans creation .

Churn Dash said...

What a great use of your Go!
I am looking forward to seeing what you make with the jeans.
Thankfully we didn't get much snow, I was very pleased about that.
Helen

Julie said...

You have got to be the world's fastest hand stitcher! Amazing on the ornaments and what fun on the colored denim. Great finish project too. It's been a few years since we had the amount of snow that hit the east this weekend. Our snow is melting down pretty fast.

Needled Mom said...

Great use of those jeans!!!

Those little ornaments are so sweet...and yes.....perfect for a snowy day.

Carol said...

There's a lot that can be done with the jeans' fabric! I have made 2 quilts using it. Snow people are cuties.

Vicki in MN said...

Totally appropriate to work on them, and they are so sweet! It'll be fun to see what you come up with for the jeans. So how much snow did you get?

Lara B. said...

Those little snowladies are so cute Ramona! Perfect for this snowy winter wonderland you are having. Our two areas are reversed - all the snow melted here.

A great way to prepare the jean fabrics for use!