"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, July 3, 2015

Snowball Pinwheels

The other day I found
this tutorial for Snowball Pinwheels and thought
this block would be fun to make with the
charm squares I have of 
Anna Marie Horner fabrics.

I had some white charm packs,
put those together with the Horner charm squares
and started to sew.

Some of the Horner charm squares would not have
looked good as pinwheels, in my opinion,
so I decided to make plain snowball blocks with those.



After a few hours of sewing and ironing,
I had this nice pile of blocks.


I put them up randomly on the design wall and have this.


I like how these look together, but will move things around
over the next few days and tweek the layout.
They look like sparklers to me....
Maybe it's the 4th of July influence right now.


It's fun to play with things on the Design Wall!

Happy Friday!!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Love it

Libby in TN said...

I'm liking it. Don't think it will take much tweeking.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous. Those fabrics really make those pinwheels pop.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Nice combo of blocks and colors! They look like Christmas candy to me.

Paulette said...

Love the pinwheels and snowball blocks! Great fabrics you're working with too.

Lara B. said...

It looks so sparkly and pretty Ramona! A great way to use AMH fabrics! It's funny how you can cut them up like that and still keep the dramatic impact.

Wendy said...

I love the randomness of it - that the pinwheels and snowballs aren't in a set pattern. I hope you keep that aspect of it when you're tweaking. It's going to look fab!

Catskill Quilter said...

I love this idea for charm squares - especially like your use of the larger prints as snowball blocks! (I found you by following a trail from Podunk Pretties.)