"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, May 8, 2015

Lots of Socks!

Whenever we are going away,
one of the first things my husband asks me is
"What projects are you taking with you?"

I'm sure a lot of us are like that.
I start thinking about the projects LONG before
I think about the clothes I'm going to pack!

Well, on this Panama Canal cruise I took 
Yarn, Needles, one pattern and my "Knit Kit."



(My husband gave this Knit Kit to me for
Christmas a couple of years ago and it
is perfect for traveling!!)


Knitting projects are much easier to pack then
quilting projects.... especially SOCKS!!

Well.... on this trip I had some time to knit!
In fact we had a number of days at sea and I
sat and knitted and watched the water a LOT!
(In between the walks, mini golf, reading, etc.!!)


I finished this pair, using "On Your Toes" yarn,
purchased at "Tuesday Morning" a long time ago.
These are just plain vanilla socks with the
short row heels.


This pair was finished, knitted with
Supersocke yarn in "New York" colorway.
These socks were knitted using this pattern from 
Ann at Stray Threads.


Next, I started this pair of socks for a child.
Once again, I have lost the label for the yarn.
(I need to start putting the ball of yarn and the label in a baggie
so they stay together!)
 This yarn is fun to knit with all of the different colors.

And last but not least....


.... this pair is being knitted with
Ambiente  yarn.... so so soft!
These socks look like fall to me.

I have been knitting the short row heel and like these,
mainly because I don't have to have the pattern to knit them.
Hopefully these heels wear well.


When we got home, I was itching to get into my 
"Hidey Hole" and sew something!
 I signed up for another "Tuffet" class
and had the fabric for this next Tuffet,
so this is what I put together.


This one will be for my daughter...
The HUGE VCU fan!!


Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are working on this week.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

straythreads said...

what great socks from wonderful yarns! thanks for the acknowledgement
have a great weekend
Ann

Judy S. said...

Fun socks! don't you just love the Knit Kit? That tuffet is really cute! Was it hard to do?

Sandie said...

Ann, I was going to tell Ramona that she wasn't the only one to do some traveling knitting with the pattern you shared, so I will do it here and thank you at the same time! Ramona has been much more proficient than I have, but I am using the pattern you generously shared with us using Tosh sock in a variagated green. ( I also need to bag my yarn and labels together after caking the hanks!) Thanks so much for sharing!

Sandie said...

Ramona- The cruise sounds like a perfect getaway- love all of the socks!

kathy b said...

Your socks are wonderful. >The New Yorkers are my favorite but I appreciate the work and love you knit into all of them. I LOVE to knit on vacation. I don't have that handy tool, but I'll add it to my wish list! Came to you from Judy's blog

sklinn62 said...

Love the socks! I may have some of that Tuesday Morning yarn in my stash--need to check.