"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Friday, February 27, 2015

Hearts and Socks

I've been able to get back into sewing a bit
and worked on a small project this week.
No pulling and pushing fabric around,
so my shoulder stayed quiet.

Thank you for all of your suggestions on chairs.
I'll be out shopping for a new one soon!


Can I just say...
I love making these hearts.
I made a couple a while ago as a challenge
and knew I would be making more at some point.

These are my Patriotic Hearts.


As I mentioned in prior posts,
I make my siblings and mom a Patriotic quilt
each time we have a family reunion.
 This will be the quilt given to them this summer.


I'll add a small border of white fabric,
then quilt and bind them.
(Wouldn't a bunch of these make a great quilt!?!?)



Four almost done,
two more to go.
My Accuquilt Go! cutter made quick work of cutting
the pieces for these little quilts.



Now onto knitting!



I finished the first sock of this pair for my daughter.
These will be for her tiny size 2 foot.



The yarn I am using is
With these socks, I am knitting the red and black yarn together
for thicker, warmer socks.
This yarn is soooo soft!
The Simply Sock Yarn Company provides great customer service
and has a nice selection of sock yarns.


Please visit Patchwork Times to see what others are knitting today!


Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love those patriotic hearts. So glad your shoulder is feeling better and hope it stays that way. Fun socks, too!

swooze said...

Great hearts. I sure could use those warm cushy socks. We are freezing and snowing in Dallas!

Maggie said...

Oh those hearts are so lovely. So glad you can sew again, take care of yourself!

Lara B. said...

LOVE your patriotic heart blocks Ramona! You sure used a wonderful bunch of red, white and blue fabrics!
Your socks that looks so cozy!

Dar said...

Those cute little socks are adorable. They do look tiny. I have bought some yarn from SSYC too as a mystery bag, and I was not disappointed with the 3 skeins they chose to send. The price was right, so I was game to take a chance., Helps build up the stash, lol. I really like your patriotic hearts too. What size squares did you start with?

MartiDIY said...

I like these heart even better than the last. I need to make a VA quilt and your red, white, and blue hearts have inspired me.