"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Handwork

My knitting hiatus continues...
(I've been having pain in my shoulder and arm when I knit :(  )
but I have been getting some other handwork done!
I can't just sit and do nothing....
my hands have to be busy.

I pulled out another Bucilla kit I had purchased
a while ago and had not made.

These kits are so much fun!
The felt is stamped, the directions are so clear and
everything needed except the stuffing or batting is in the kit.
As long as I go in the order of the directions,
there are no problems.

Instead of using stuffing, I use scraps of batting to fill the pieces,
where needed. The directions tell you what pieces need stuffing.

Here is the latest:


You can see the stamped felt in this photo.
Each piece is numbered and has lines to show where the next piece
overlaps, if necessary.
 

Isn't this little guy cute?
 

The sequins add so much to these stockings.

I usually purchase my kits from
or

I will keep stitching away and will
have a gift made early this year!


Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I haven't seen Bucilla kits in years and didn't know Herrshners still existed. I never had much luck with the sequins, though, and they really set things off. Hope your shoulder gets better and that it's not something serious like rotator cuff.

Needled Mom said...

I love these stockings. They are so much fun to make too. LOVE that one!

Lara B. said...

Ramona, I'm sorry that your shoulder is still giving you trouble. You've put your time to good use anyway. This is adorable - no many incredible little details. Great job!

Tina said...

Beautiful work! Just love the little faces :)