"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Few Days Away....

This past week I enjoyed a 
"Quilting Getaway"
and had a great time!

I have been fortunate enough to take several trips with
a tour company that specializes in trips for Quilters.
Oh... what fun we have!
This past week I was on the "Charlotte Getaway"
and was able to attend the AQS quilt show in Charlotte,
along with a few other adventures.
If you have ever thought of taking a quilt trip,
this company really does a nice job
and treats their clients very well.
*Commercial over*

:)

When I returned home on Saturday,
I began sewing my
"Spicy Spirals"
and yesterday finished all six!


My Design Wall isn't large enough,
so I had to pull out my Design Floor again.


These really are a lot of fun to make.
One twists in the opposite direction,
but it doesn't matter!

Now to baste and quilt these runners.
I think I will just quilt in the ditch.



I didn't take many photos of the quilts
at the AQS show, but did take this one.
When I saw this quilt, I knew immediately that it was based 
on the work of Chihuly.  I had been to his exhibit at our
local museum when it was here last year and have been a 
fan of his for some time.

Oh My!!


This won Best in Show.

To see other creations by Quilters,

Happy Quilting!


No comments: