"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Boy Baby Quilt

I seem to usually make
Girl Baby Quilts
and decided I needed to make a
Boy Quilt
to donate to my church for the mission quilts

Somewhere in Blogland I saw this pattern.

Take a layer cake or 10" squares...
Cut the 10" squares in three different sizes...
(I cut 3" strips, 1 1/2" strips and then 5 1//2" strips were left)...
mix up the fabrics and sew the strips back into a block...
trim the blocks to 9"
and make a top!



I had a Riley Blake
"Pieces of Hope" layer cake and
began cutting.

 

After playing with the blocks,
I sewed them into this top.
 

Now it's ready for quilting and binding.

Quick and so easy!


Happy Quilting!

No comments: