"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says...."Oh crap! She's up!" Unknown

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Looking Back

Several years ago I made a quilt for my
Best Girl Friend
(I didn't take pictures! Oh NO!!)
and had some left over blocks.
These blocks kept screaming
OCEAN...SEA...WATER
to me.

So...
I took those left-over blocks and sewed them together
into a table runner size piece.

Then I appliqued fish, clams, sea horses, a starfish and sea grass
and had a ball.
I machine stitched water and more sea grass onto the piece
after the applique was complete.


 I was so excited with how it turned out.

Then I tried to decide where to put it.


I carried this runner around my house a number of times,
trying to find a place that would display it.
 

I didn't want to cover the fish and shells up with
"Table stuff," so I kept looking.
 

Finally I decided it wasn't going to work on a table,
So...
 
 
I hung it on a wall.
Yep... stuck a few pins in it to anchor it to the wall
and it hangs in my hallway.

I love it!
:)

(I really need to take a picture of the original quilt
since this looks NOTHING like it!)

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Isn't it funny how fabric "speaks" to you? I wouldn't want to cover up those cute embellishments, either. Great job, great solution!

Sara said...

What a cute way to use up those orphan blocks. Love the applique! This would be perfect in my beach-theme guest bathroom. You've given me some ideas here.